IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Paris, London, New York, Berlin and Johannesburg. Following a highly selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalised attention to its partners.
Constantly expanding, the company now counts +50 people and offers full worldwide digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Glitterbeat, Infine, No Format!, Proper Music, Record Makers, SRD, Vinyl Factory, and more.
Additionally, IDOL offers a range of other services including international physical distribution through a network of trusted partners.
In parallel, IDOL also operates as a technology provider for 3rd party record labels and digital distributors, such Because Music, Concord Music Group, Ditto Music, Fluve Digital (Som Livre), Kompakt, Wagram Music and more.
IDOL is seeking a General Manager to look after the expansion of its operation in Germany. You will join a key account manager and gradually develop the German team according to the activity growth.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual with an extensive knowledge of the German independent music industry. The candidate should also have substantial experience and network, in order identify and develop new business and the opportunities within it.
This position reports jointly into the Director of Distribution and the Head of A&R development, both based in Paris
- Manage and structure the German Office. Manage local staff.
- Develop revenues from Germany-based labels: seek out and sign new Germany-based labels in line with IDOL selective policy
- Supervise the German label management and retail marketing activities
- Support the activities of the company globally by providing local knowledge and contacts to the global development team
- Work in close relationship with the other offices of the group
- Substantial experience in sales and distribution and/or account management in the German independent music industry sector, with at least 5 years in a digital music business environment (distribution, label, digital services,..)
- Extensive knowledge of the German music market and especially independent sector
- Excellent working network within the German independent players (labels, management companies,...)
- Office and staff management experience
- Proven business development track record
- Confident and assertive relationship builder
- Entrepreneurial, results driven
- Excellent communication skills (German & English)
- A Passionate self-starter able to work without direct supervision
- Curious & research led
- Passionate about independent music and music culture
- Education: Bachelor & higher OR relevant substantial work experience.
- Type: Permanent contract
- Beginning asap
- Salary: DOE
- Location: Berlin or Hamburg
- Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 13 December 2019